The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

NJHS, You Should Probably Write This Down

Libby Kirkland
Recite it! Reciting the pledge, students apart of the National Junior Honor Society recite the pledge for the program. They are reciting the pledge after the advisor repeats line after line. “NJHS made me realize there are more than just important grades,” 8th grader Jordan Wright said.

The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a prestigious category of certain individuals. They are recognized by the school and are selected “…through chapters established at schools that have active affiliation with the NJHS national office,” the official NJHS website states. Most would say getting accepted can impact you and can change the way you view things.

“It helped me realize that there was more than just good grades,” 8th grader Jordan Wright said.

Good grades are very important and while some get impacted others may not feel the same. Like Addison Cupak, Cupak says that NJHS never really impacted her because of the standards she had already set for herself. “It was just like a bonus high five for my work,” Cupak said. Although it may not have impacted her as much it was still imperative.

“[NJHS] made me really happy because I take pride in my grades and to be recognized for them was really nice,” Cupak said.

While also being a part of NJHS the students will also have to complete service hours. To obtain these hours they go on field trips where they help people, and they complete service projects.

“The service projects [is her favorite part] because we get to help people that need help,” Wright said.

Some final advice Cupak has to keep your grades up is to, “Always pay attention in your classes, and if there is extra credit do it.”