The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024

Meatball lovers rejoice!

A new Meatball Sub added to the menu.

The Sub Station, a new sandwich line located on the left side of the lunch lines, now offers a meatball sub. The 369-calorie sandwich is made with fresh meatballs, homemade marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese, all served on a roll.  The lunchlady for the Sub Station is Mrs. Benson and has worked since the start of the year.

“I became a lunchlady because I like serving people,” Lunchlady Mrs.

Scrumptious rolls. On the opposite side of the lunch line, Benson spends her time either making new meatball subs or communicating to students. Benson and other lunchladys collaborate with AMS to plan meals together and boost each other. “The meals are good in taste and in quality,” Benson said. (Christian Carver)

Benson said, who would also rather have the Meatball Sub over the other options of a Philly Cheesesteak and a Build-Your-Own.  “I prefer the Philly Cheesesteak over the other Sub Station entrees because the Meatball Sub has a good marinara sauce combination with the rest of the ingredients.”

Mrs. Fabbri, the nutritional specialist on hand is also a beginner working in the lunch line.

“I prefer the meatball sub,” Mrs. Fabbri said.  “My day as a nutritional specialist is fine, fun, and busy.”

The meatball sub has quickly become a favorite among middle school students, who enjoy its flavor and convenience.

“As a meatball sub-enjoyer, I know the multiple delicates and the combo is perfect.” 8th grader Will White humorously said.  White also favors the Meatball Sub.  “I occasionally indulge myself in a meatball sub.”

While most are fond of the Meatball Sub, some lean toward other options.

“I admire the Philly Cheesesteak more,” 8th grader Alex Vozeh said.  “But, the trio-entree options are really good, so I get at least one of them a week.”