The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

Mean Girls Movie Review

Mean girls was released in 2004 by Paramount pictures.
Google sourced image

As you probably know, October 3rd was “Mean Girls Day”. For those of you who don’t know, in the movie Mean Girls, Lindsay Lohan’s character, Cady Heron, is asked for the date and she replies, “October 3rd,” making October 3rd “Mean Girls” day. To celebrate this day I decided to give my review of the movie.

Let me start by saying that this movie is absolutely funny. Seeing Cady adjust to an American high school, and her reactions to some of the things that are considered normal here is hilarious. And anytime something serious would come up in the movie they would counter it with some kind of silly joke. (not to mention the amount of drama in this movie, which is just unreal) 

Now let’s talk about the acting. The two actresses that stood out the most to me were Lindsay Lohan and Lacey Chabert. I think that Lohan was perfect for the role of Cady Heron. She played the role flawlessly, and really made the character come to life. In my opinion, the best and funniest character had to be Chabert as Gretchen Weiners. Chabert’s acting went beautifully with the hilarious character of Gretchen, always saying the weirdest and funniest things, like “Fetch”. 

Another great thing about Mean Girls is the message in the movie. How I interpret it, the overall message of Mean Girls is “Judging others doesn’t make you better.” Throughout the movie the girls judge others, trying to make themselves feel better, But by the end of the movie, they realize that it doesn’t make them feel better. 

Overall I would give this movie ★★★★★. It is a hilarious movie, with great actresses and a great message. So, if you ever want to watch a movie, I would recommend Mean Girls.

“I like all the pink in it, that’s my favorite part, and I like all the iconic scenes. ★★★★★” 7th grader Paige Coulter said. 

“It gives sassy.★★★★★” 7th grader Mckinley Walton said. 

“I liked it. ★★★★★” 7th grader Maddie McClain said. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Rewind

Your donation will support the student journalists of McAnally Middle School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.