The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

Water Pollution Awareness

Working Towards A Better Planet

Rhett Rinks in 7th grade at Mcanally Middle School is very mindful of water pollution and so is his mom. His mom has made several donations to different water pollution organizations to help stop water pollution. Rhett helps how he can with different ways to make a small difference.

Each year 1.2 trillion gallons of untreated sewage, storm water, and industrial waste are dumped into US water. Rhett works hard to make a difference and wants everyone to be aware of the problems.

“When I see trash littering lakes, rivers, and oceans it makes me sad but it motivates me to continue to do what I’m doing.” – Rhett Rinks

Rhett’s mom makes multiple donations to water pollution organizations to help clear the ocean of trash. While Rhett doesn’t donate himself he has different ways he helps to stop water pollution.

“One of the best ways to help reduce water pollution is to pick up trash even if it’s not yours. Even though it’s a small act it makes a difference.” – Rhett Rinks

While there are many efforts to reduce water pollution it’s important to do your part. In 2050 it’s estimated that there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish.

“I’m gonna continue to raise awareness for water pollution and do my part to stop water pollution and do what’s right.” – Rhett Rinks