The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

Nikon is the Best Camera Brand

Why Nikon is better than Canon and Sony

The age-old debate over what brand of camera to buy. The main debate is between Nikon, Canon, and Sony; but ultimately to me, Nikon comes out on top 10/10 times.

While Canon does dominate the market income-wise, Sony combined with Nikon can come close. Although they still do not surpass Canon, they do share a very similar target audience, meaning that the market has to be split, so Canon is just a personal choice for most people.

When it comes to the three main camera types – DSLR, point-and-shoot, and Mirrorless/Digital – they are all split between the main brands. Most people prefer point-and-shoot, of which Canon has one of the most iconic cameras ever, the Canon AF35M. Released to the public in 1979, it was met with praise immediately, only 1 year later winning the Japanese Ministry of International Trade and the Industry’s 1980 Good Design Award in September 1980.

As for most professionals’ choice, DSLR, Nikon takes the cake with its D850, being one of the highest-rated cameras of the modern age and a choice for many professional photographers.

Regarding the final type, Sony conquers the market for mirrorless cameras, with the highest-rated digital cameras of all time. One of their standouts is the Sony A7RV which takes 8k video and has a 61-megapixel sensor, compared to the newest iPhone, the iPhone 15, which takes 24-megapixel shots. Therefore, 61 is probably the best people have ever seen and will blow most people’s minds.

Last but not least, my biased choice of Nikon is the smoothest experience I’ve ever had handling a camera, whether it be their DSLRs or the Nikon Coolpix series. So like I said at the start, Nikon takes home first place in my books.