The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

Running Beyond Limits

7th grader runs to her limits
Lilly Zimmerman
Just starting out the race the runners are pacing themselves for the long 2 mile run.

From cheering before the race to singing on the bus with her teammates, Jax Winklespat (7th) has seen it all. She decided to do cross country after realizing her running talent. The season has just finished, so this is a time for Jax to look back on all of her memories. 

This season has been filled with so much fun for the 7th grade girls cross country team.  “The season went great because the 7th-grade girls’ team got 2nd place in a big race. And it was just a good season.” Winklespat said.  

There are good and bad times in cross country so how did some of the cross country runners overcome some of those hard times? 

“One time there was a big hill and I wanted to walk but I kept going because I didn’t want to lose.”

Cross country is a hard sport and it takes a lot of perseverance but there can also be some pre-race rituals that people believe can do to make them “better.” 

“We (Her teammates) always cheered before we  started a race.”

Cross country is a fun sport but it can also be pretty competitive when you have some of your friends on the team.

“A lot of my friends were doing it and I wanted to beat McKinley Walton.” 

Cross-country is definitely a sport to try out. It’s fun and you get to create new friendships.