The Student News Site of McAnally Middle School

The Rewind

The Rewind

The Rewind

Salvia Palth Review
April 17, 2024
Uniforms: Good or not?
Uniforms: Good or not?
April 17, 2024

ExtravaBANDza concert

Students view on ExtravaBANDza event
ExtravaBANDza. Band students just finished playing their 3 tunes and started to watch the marching band play Havanna Nights  The band students spent about a week practicing their songs for this performance Stick with it, 8th grader Kip Cotten said it (band) gets way more fun.
Maroska Mekhail
ExtravaBANDza. Band students just finished playing their 3 tunes and started to watch the marching band play “Havanna Nights” The band students spent about a week practicing their songs for this performance “Stick with it,” 8th grader Kip Cotten said “it (band) gets way more fun.”

At 6:00 pm on a Friday, band kids are happily playing their instruments on the high school football field with the marching band. Over half of the stadium was filled with cheering parents, grandparents, friends, and other family members, The green turf is being walked on and the air is warm while the students are playing music. They started to play the songs “Land of a Thousand Dances” and “We Got the Beat”.  6th graders soon start to join in while playing “Let’s Go Band”. After that, the marching band starts to play “Havanna Nights”.

The ExtravaBANDza concert was on October 27, 2023, kids were practicing for about 2 and a half hours. Most students enjoy the band and can also see a future playing an instrument.

Many kids enjoy band class because they feel like they belong and everybody is very nice. They try hard in their class and want to do the best they can. Many kids also believe that this class challenges them in their separate ways. Students often want to do their best at playing while in class and at a concert. The ExtravaBANDza concert was one of these. This concert made a few kids stressed but they ended up feeling accomplished at the end.

“Band challenges me and makes me feel more satisfied,” said Ella Anton.

Students feel happy and encouraged when they are surrounded by friends, family, and fellow band members who support them.

“I was confident because I knew I was with my people,” stated Rhett Rinks.

Many kids enjoy their band class and it pushes them to be better. They feel as if the band makes them work harder and want to succeed.

The band “has made me strive to be more successful” Kip Cotten explained.

The band students say that there are things that make them want to the class, and one of those is the support from others. 

“Compliments”. is what makes Cooper Loudermilk want to continue in the band.

Something that multiple people in the band can agree with is that the class is better with others.

“The class is always filled with happy and energetic moods.” Alivia Bean said, “Band feels good and everybody is very nice.”

Even though the band is hard sometimes, students still love it.